WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /

2015 WHC

Page  Page 3 of 17:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15  16  17  Next »  
Author kkanekahn
Registered
#31 | Posted: 4 May 2013 11:09 
susa and mount Khangchendzonga National Park are confirmed to be nominated for 2015.
One of rani ki vav or qutb shahi monuments may be nominated

Author Assif
Registered
#32 | Posted: 19 May 2013 18:05 
Possible nominations for 2015:

Pampulha (Brazil)
Mistaken Point (Canada)
Ore Mountains (Czech Rep. and Germany) or Naumburg (Germany)
Burgundy (France)
Champagne (France)
D-Day Beaches (France)
Hamburg (Germany)
Delhi (India)
Khangchendzonga NP (India)
Rani Ki Vav or Qutb Shahi (India)
Merangin Geopark (Indonesia)
Susa (Iran)
Ivrea (Italy)
Port Royal (Jamaica)
Kyushu and Yamaguchi (Japan)
Nagasaki (Japan)
Plains of Jars (Laos)
Batu Caves (Malaysia)
Danum Valley, Maliau Basin and Imbak Canyon (Malaysia)
Svalbard (Norway)
Seoul City Walls (South Korea)
Seowon (South Korea)
Baekje (South Korea)
Campo de Montiel (Spain)
Krang Krachang Forest (Thailand)
Wat Phra Mahathat Woramahawihan, Nakhon Si Thammarat (Thailand)
Forth Railbridge (UK)
Gorham Cave (UK)
San Antonio (USA)
Lloyd Buildings (USA)
Viking Sites (Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Latvia)

Author Messy
Registered
#33 | Posted: 12 Jun 2013 12:23 
If the US was boycotting New heritage sites, then they wouldn't be promoting poverty point this year.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#34 | Posted: 12 Jun 2013 17:26 | Edited by: winterkjm 
There is currently an effort within the US Department of Interior and the White House to not only restart regular "dues" to UNESCO, but actually paying all US funds since lost following the admission of Palestine.

Hardly a boycott, only the unforeseen result of an outdated law, in response to Palestine's inclusion within an international body.

Author Euloroo
Registered
#35 | Posted: 27 Aug 2013 06:33 
The proposed visitor experiences at the Forth Bridge would time nicely with inscription.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#36 | Posted: 5 Sep 2013 02:41 | Edited by: winterkjm 
When is the deadline for submissions for 2015?

United States: Because of the complexity of the Frank Lloyd Wright nomination, it may be pushed to 2016. Which would open up the spot for the San Antonio Missions. The is a very public push for the SA Missions nomination. Even a "Quest for World Heritage" Facebook page. URL

South Korea: Baekje Nomination seems set for 2015, there has been little news for the Seoul City Wall nomination and the Seowon nomination. Likely pushed to 2016/2017.

France: Has there been any narrowing of cultural nominations? Are all 3 nominations planned for submission in 2015? France could send complete nominations, creating a pool of cultural nominations ready for evaluation over the next 2-3 years, no?

United Kingdom: I thought Gorham Cave was pushed to 2016? The Forth Bridge is getting a lot of publicity lately for 2015.

Japan: Nagasaki and the Kyushu and Yamaguchi Industrial serial nomination are both vying for 2015. Both might be submitted, but a decision will be made soon about which one will go before the committee first.

Author Assif
Registered
#37 | Posted: 7 Sep 2013 14:00 

Author Euloroo
Registered
#38 | Posted: 14 Sep 2013 06:58 | Edited by: Euloroo 
Looks like the Australian Government are finally making some progress with Cape York. I'm surprised they are talking about making a nomination this year, presumably for 2015, when its not even on the T-list.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#39 | Posted: 15 Sep 2013 12:59 
Sites of Japan's Meiji Industrial Revolution (Japan)

Officially selected for 2015. Nagasaki will be pushed back

Author Durian
Registered
#40 | Posted: 16 Sep 2013 04:23 
winterkjm:
Sites of Japan's Meiji Industrial Revolution

2 years for industrial sites! 2014 for Tomioka and 2015 for Meiji Industrial. If Tomioka get WH tag, it must be very hard for Meiji one. I think only UK will dare to do this move!

Author winterkjm
Registered
#41 | Posted: 18 Sep 2013 02:24 
Perhaps a difficult road for Japan's Industrial Nominations. Firstly, a recent surge of industrial nominations gaining and seeking inscription. Secondly, strong opposition from regional countries.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/kyodo-news-international/130917/s-korea-oppos es-japans-proposal-new-world-heritage-sit

Author Solivagant
Registered
#42 | Posted: 18 Sep 2013 10:13 | Edited by: Solivagant 
winterkjm:

This Web site for the bid might be of interest
http://www.kyuyama.jp/e/index.html
The opening sequence refers to the "sweat and tears of the people who built the new era"... "Their laughter, their tears ,their rage - We have never forgotten those human lives".
I don't think they were referring to the Korean (and WWII prisoner) slave labour though!!

I noted that "Yawata Steel Works" is included - which seemed timely following my reference in my Volklingen review to a "Steelworks gap" in the List. However it seems that only the First Head office and the Blacksmith Factory are included. I note that the Higashida Blast Furnace of 1901 which is a "Municipal Cultural Property" within the Yawata site is NOT included - perhaps they feared that another turn of the century blast furnace built by Germany (though Wiki carries the story that it took the Japanese to make it work after the Germans were kicked out!) wouldn't gain much support!
What IS included is a much earlier Blast furnace from 1857 built when the Japanese were trying to do things themselves

Those of us who have been to Nagasaki but didn't make it inside the Kosuge Slip dock (I only saw it from the outside!!) might be interested to note that the Glover House is included and (nearly??) everyone who goes to Nagasaki will go there!!

All in all it seems very scattered and bitty - whether Japan can really argue that all these elements are contributing to the OUV I would doubt

Author bojboj
Registered
#43 | Posted: 19 Sep 2013 05:26 
For China:

It looks like they are working on Tusi Chieftain sites
http://www.gzbs.cn/radioguizhou/xinwen/zxw/2013/0917/79426.html
(Sorry the links is only in Chinese)

Brief summary on report:
The Zunyi (Guizhou Province) Municipal government said that since March this year, the National Heritage Board has identified Hailongtun (a component of Tusi Chieftain Sites) for UNESCO World inscription in 2015.

The Zunyi government has invested 51.6 million yuan to complete the nomination project of Hailongtun Chieftain site - preparing core and buffer zones, population survey, etc.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#44 | Posted: 20 Sep 2013 13:14 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Possible nominations for 2015:

Pampulha (Brazil)
Mistaken Point (Canada)
Tusi Chieftain sites (China)
Ore Mountains (Czech Rep. and Germany) or Naumburg (Germany)
Burgundy (France)
Champagne (France)
Hamburg (Germany)
Delhi (India) OR Rani Ki Vav or Qutb Shahi (India)
Khangchendzonga NP (India)
Merangin Geopark (Indonesia)
Susa (Iran)
Ivrea (Italy)
Port Royal (Jamaica)
Plains of Jars (Laos)
Batu Caves (Malaysia)
Danum Valley, Maliau Basin and Imbak Canyon (Malaysia)
Svalbard (Norway)
Singapore Botanic Gardens (Singapore)
Baekje Kingdom Complex (South Korea)
Campo de Montiel (Spain)
Krang Krachang Forest (Thailand)
Wat Phra Mahathat Woramahawihan, Nakhon Si Thammarat (Thailand)
Forth Railbridge (UK)
Fray Bentos (Uruguay)
San Antonio Missions (USA)
Viking Sites (Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Latvia)

Any other nominations? What about Referrals? Quite a few nominations seemingly have been pushed for future consideration beyond 2015.

Author Durian
Registered
#45 | Posted: 21 Sep 2013 21:53 
Batu Caves, Malaysia

From the news, seem that the rumor was just politician's words that has no support from government agency!

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Community/2013/07/18/Batu-Caves-does-not-meet-Unesco-W orld-Heritage-Site-criteria.aspx

Page  Page 3 of 17:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15  16  17  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions / 2015 WHC Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®