WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /

2015 WHC

Page  Page 17 of 17:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  
Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#241 | Posted: 7 Jul 2015 09:52 
I'm just catching up with the details form the weekend. Thanks again everyone for the live blogging. I was checking in as and when I could and it was nice to be kept abreast. Also good to get three new sites added to my tally whilst sat drinking champagne at a wedding, even more reasons to celebrate.
Els on a sidenote the Aqueduct of Padre Tembelque is still showing as 0 visits on the all sites page, but I have ticked it, and it is showing up fine on my profile. Not sure if that is a bug or not, just thought I would let you know.

It isn't the greatest vintage of additions, even if there are some interesting gems in there. As ever some of those ones that look rather dull will probably prove to be really interesting when we finally get around to paying them a visit.
And hats off to France for getting two overrepresented landscapes added at the same meeting, added kudos for them being about 100 miles apart from each other in perhaps the most densely clustered WHS hotspot in the world.

Author elsslots
Admin
#242 | Posted: 7 Jul 2015 09:59 
meltwaterfalls:
is still showing as 0 visits on the all sites page

It is showing 1 now! I had to refresh the page, I forgot, so many pages to renew during these days.

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#243 | Posted: 7 Jul 2015 11:22 
Brilliant, thanks for all the hard work Els.
elsslots:
It is showing 1 now!

Wohoo!!! I think that is the only site I may where I am the only person to have visited. I will pretend I am a unique trailblazer, rather than other people aren't as quick at updating their profile as I am.

Author clyde
Registered
#244 | Posted: 8 Jul 2015 11:46 
Is the Castle of Fredriksborg and the surrounding gardens and hunting landscape actually part of the Store Dyrehave inscribed as part of the Par Force Hunting Lanscape? I spent a whole day exploring the area and I clearly remember the same landscape shown in the few photos uploaded on the UNESCO website. I recall visiting the Malte Mose or Malte moor which seems to be part of the inscribed area even though I confess that I remember it mostly because of its almost called like Malta and because it's a fine birdwatching spot! I'll try to fetch some photos and if you can confirm that it's part of the Store Dyrehave I'll gladly write a review of this part of the inscribed property :)

Author elsslots
Admin
#245 | Posted: 8 Jul 2015 11:53 
clyde:
Castle of Fredriksborg

No it isn't, not even in the bufferzone:
The nomination dossier also describes further heritage
elements which, despite not being included in the
nominated property nor in the buffer zones, contribute to
the understanding of the formation of the large hunting
estate in North Zealand. They are: Frederiksborg Slot,
erected in Hillerød in the late 16th century and enlarged at
the beginning of the 17th, with its Lille Dyrehave (small
deer park), at the western edge of the Gribskov; (ABev)

Author winterkjm
Registered
#246 | Posted: 10 Jul 2015 04:32 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Small correction on the description for the Baekje Historic Areas page.

Gongju, Buyeo and Sabi.

Sabi is the old name for Buyeo. If you are highlighting the specific areas of where each cluster of serial sites are located it would be Gongju, Buyeo, and Iksan.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#247 | Posted: 17 Jul 2015 04:51 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Retirement of someone we have come accustomed to while viewing the live streaming of the last couple world heritage conferences.

http://iucn.org/about/work/programmes/wcpa_worldheritage/?21628%2FKishore-Raos-40-yea r-journey-through-protected-areas-and-World-Heritage

Page  Page 17 of 17:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions / 2015 WHC Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®