#46 | Posted: 26 Jun 2011 15:06 

Author Solivagant
Registered
#47 | Posted: 26 Jun 2011 16:55 

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#48 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 09:15 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
They have started up again:

Ancient villages of Northern #Syria have just been inscribed on the #WorldHeritage List. Congratulations!

The Persian Garden of #Iran has just been inscribed on the #WorldHeritage List. Congratulations!

New #WorldHeritage site-Cultural Sites of Al Ain: Hafit, Hili, Bidaa Bint Saud and Oases Areas of the United Arab Emirates.Congratulations!

First WHS for the UAE there!

Author Khuft
Registered
#49 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 11:19 
The German part of the Wadden Sea has been extended too:

http://www.spiegel.de/reise/deutschland/0,1518,770831,00.html

If Le Corbusier and the Alpine pre-historic villages get approved too, Germany could get home this year with 5 new/extended sites...

Author Khuft
Registered
#50 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 11:25 
And yet more sites, this time from the WHC website (so much for the speed of twitter...):

http://whc.unesco.org/en/news/773

Konso Cultural Landscape (Ethiopia)
Fort Jesus, Mombasa (Kenya)
Citadel of the Ho Dynasty (Vietnam)

Author Solivagant
Registered
#51 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 11:27 | Edited by: Solivagant 
Nice article here from the People's Daily preparing the Chinese for failure and more difficulties to come regarding inscriptions to the list (See above re the breast beating and introspection over the failure of Wudalianchi Lake). It is also very true!

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90780/7422112.html

Boj_Boj
This article is in the on line/English version.
It would be VERY interesting to know what the Chinese version of the People's Daily tells/told the people of China. Was this exact article "printed"?

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#52 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 11:43 
Twitter gets there with the inclusion of Cultural Landscape of the Serra de Tramuntana in #Spain has just been inscribed on the #WorldHeritage List. Congratulations!
That one completly passed me by, I think I may have visited it some time before my 5th birthday, so don't think I will count it.

Khuft:
If Le Corbusier and the Alpine pre-historic villages get approved too, Germany could get home this year with 5 new/extended sites...

Well you have to tip your cap to them, it may not make the list more balanced but they certainly know how to bend the rules to their advantage.
Spain, Iran and Italy, again have similar success, when was the last time none of these had a site inscribed?

Author elsslots
Admin
#53 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 11:45 
And:

Cultural Landscape of the Serra de Tramuntana in #Spain has just been inscribed on the #WorldHeritage List. Congratulations!

They just say Yes to everything now! So far for the restraint ICOMOS has shown

Author elsslots
Admin
#54 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 11:48 
elsslots:
Serra de Tramuntana

Pff, I have to drag myself to Mallorca! Maybe leave that one until I am 87.

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#55 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 11:49 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
New #WorldHeritage site: Prehistoric Pile dwellings around the Alps (#Switzerland #Austria #France #Germany #Italy #Slovenia)

My, my Germany is doing well, just when I thought I could 'complete' it within a few years! It is expanding quicker than I can travel

Author elsslots
Admin
#56 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 11:50 
And our favourite quirky site is in too:

New #WorldHeritage site: Prehistoric Pile dwellings around the Alps (#Switzerland #Austria #France #Germany #Italy #Slovenia)

Author elsslots
Admin
#57 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 11:51 
meltwaterfalls
you're faster than me!

Author Khuft
Registered
#58 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 11:52 | Edited by: Khuft 
Since Thailand left, everything goes

Maybe they were the ones blocking the approval of sites in the past... :-)

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#59 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 11:53 
elsslots:
meltwaterfallsyou're faster than me!

It is the end of a long day at work, so need some Twitter entertainment to keep me going.

Can't say I am keen on a return to Mallorca either

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#60 | Posted: 27 Jun 2011 12:01 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
Selimiye Mosque and its social Complex in #Turkey have just been inscribed on the #WorldHeritage List. Congratulations!

A second site in the 'European part' of Turkey, hopefully good for planned over land trip to Istanbul.

Page  Page 4 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions / 2011 WHC Top
This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®