WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /

2013 WHC

Page  Page 11 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
Author elsslots
Admin
#151 | Posted: 29 Jun 2013 03:17 
Solivagant:
difficulty of visiting DPRK

I think it has become much easier and less "exclusive" over the past few years.

And Kaesong will likely be part of most of the tours. The other DPRK WHS (the Koguryo Tombs) has been seen by only 4 of us.

Author Solivagant
Registered
#152 | Posted: 29 Jun 2013 03:37 | Edited by: Solivagant 
elsslots:
The other DPRK WHS (the Koguryo Tombs) has been seen by only 4 of us.

Far be it from me to question the visit counts of others ....... but I have always been a bit surprised at this "count" as I am not aware how people on a "normal" DPRK tour manage to get to see this site. None of the tombs are included in the standard tours of Pyongyang or Nampho. But I suppose that others might have persuaded their tour company to fit it in as we did (but we were assisted by the fact that there was a parade on in Pyongyang that tourists weren't allowed to go to so they needed "somewhere else" to take us!) It is a great shame that none of the other 3 has added a review to that of mine to tell us how they did it and which tombs they visited (The more normally visited Tangun Mausoleum isn't a Koguryo tomb)!

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#153 | Posted: 29 Jun 2013 04:38 
elsslots:
Kaesong will likely be part of most of the tours

It used to be accesible from Seoul as well as it was one of two areas that you could have day trips to, I guess that may explain its reasonably high visit count.
I was very keen to visit when I was there, but found out that tours had been suspended. Hey ho, I had to make do with my 3 minutes on North Korean soil at the DMZ instead, so it doesn't really count as a country visit for me.

Page  Page 11 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions / 2013 WHC Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®