WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /

2014 WHC

Page  Page 13 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  
Author winterkjm
Registered
#181 | Posted: 3 Jun 2014 13:34 | Edited by: winterkjm 
US representative seeking inscription despite the Deferral.
- Poverty Point (US) http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20140603/NEWS01/306030016

Kurdistan officials will also push for inscription despite the Deferral.
- Erbil Citadel (Iraq/Kurdistan) http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/030620142

This is the first article I've seen in the US that mentioned the evaluation recommendation of Deferral. It will probably be inscribed because OUV is not in question. Or at the very least a Referral.

Author elsslots
Admin
#182 | Posted: 27 Jun 2014 12:44 | Edited by: elsslots 
Less then a week after the announcement of the inscribed sites of 2014, only the following 5 haven't been "claimed" by one of our community members as having visited:

- Shahr-i Sokhta - 0
- Decorated cave of Pont d'Arc - 0
- Mount Hamiguitan - 0
- Great Himalayan National Park - 0
- Stone Spheres of the Diquís - 0

Silk Road and Qhapaq Nan (15 each) can be seen as the easiest catches of the year.

Author Walter
Registered
#183 | Posted: 27 Jun 2014 14:55 
Decorated cave of Pont d'Arc
Probably no one will be able to "claim it" as it has been closed to visitors' since its discovery.

Author clyde
Registered
#184 | Posted: 28 Jun 2014 17:04 
It's exactly the same thing they did with Lascaux. Replica should open by the end of the year and as soon as it does I plan to visit it together with Lyon.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#185 | Posted: 8 Jul 2014 01:05 
Does anyone know if the Slender West Lake and Historic Urban Area in Yangzhou will still be pursued as a world heritage nomination? From what I understand, much if not all of the key components of this site are inscribed with the Grand Canal WHS.

Perhaps, alongside The Lijiang River Scenic Zone at Guilin, the Slender West Lake and Historic Urban Area of Yangzhou will be removed from China's tentative list in due time.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#186 | Posted: 8 Jul 2014 01:10 | Edited by: winterkjm 
These are the (11) inscribed components of the Grand Canal that are in Yangzhou.

1) Yangzhou Section of Huaiyang Canal
2) Liubao Lock
3) Yucheng Post
4) Ancient Shaobo Dyke
5) Shaobo Docks
6) Slender West Lake
7) Temporary Palace at Tianning Temple
8) Ge Garden
9) Wang Lumen's Residence
10) Salt Ancestral Temple
11) Lu Shaoxu's Residence

Indeed, Yangzhou is the town/city with the most components included in the Grand Canal nomination.

Pretty impressive that essentially China inscribed (4) tentative nominations in 2014!

Author elsslots
Admin
#187 | Posted: 8 Jul 2014 13:09 
Solivagant:
Thre would seem to be no reason whatsoever to include the actual remains of Tiwanaku in the Qhapaq Nan

Surprisingly they have included it! Search for "Tiwanacu" in the huge nomination file. There's a map on pdf-page 1549, and the archeological site has a green block to show it's included in the core zone

Author Solivagant
Registered
#188 | Posted: 8 Jul 2014 16:10 
elsslots:
Solivagant:
Thre would seem to be no reason whatsoever to include the actual remains of Tiwanaku in the Qhapaq Nan

Actually the FULL quote was
"There would seem to be no reason whatsoever to include the actual remains of Tiwanaku in the Qhapaq Nan, UNLESS the Inca made some use of the site for its own purpose."

In the next post I said
"I have read a suggestion that the Incas inherited routes from the Tiwanaku civilisation and utilised them in their own roads - which makes sense. But nothing further really on whether the site of Tiwanaku itself has been included. We will just have to await the full Nomination file i guess"

I haven't had a chance yet to read the detail of the Nomination file on this - from what you have seen does it make ANY attempt to "justify" inclusion of Tiwanaku??

Author elsslots
Admin
#189 | Posted: 9 Jul 2014 00:00 
I haven't read every word of the nom file of course, but in its justification the Bolivians say that Tiwanaku was a main administrative town for the Inca, one of two regional capitals (because of its location along a main road).

Author Durian
Registered
#190 | Posted: 9 Jul 2014 02:32 
winterkjm:
Pretty impressive that essentially China inscribed (4) tentative nominations in 2014!

Actually five! Maijishan Scenic Spot is now a part of Silk Road.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#191 | Posted: 9 Jul 2014 02:35 | Edited by: winterkjm 
It is nominated as a mixed site though, so perhaps this nomination will eventually be put forward?

Author Durian
Registered
#192 | Posted: 9 Jul 2014 02:46 | Edited by: Durian 
winterkjm:
so perhaps this nomination will eventually be put forward for natural criteria?

I don't think China will nominate Maijishan as natural site again, the site is in tentative list since 2001, and China still has long list of pending natural sites, put Maijishan in Silk Road is the best way for them.

Page  Page 13 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  11  12  13 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions / 2014 WHC Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®