Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /

Peru

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2  
Author nfmungard
Registered
#16 | Posted: 7 Jul 2017 15:53 
I like the stops you added to your trip. I will have to cut a few, though, as I really wanna see the missions in Bolivia and Potosi. What was your non WHS highlight that shouldn't be missed?

Kbecq:
Caral Supe (daytrip from Lima)

How did you go and how much did it cost?

Kbecq:
Day 4: Transfer to Nazca & flight Nazca lines

When did you book and how much did it cost?

I don't plan to hike the Inca Trail so that saves a little time.

Author Kbecq
Registered
#17 | Posted: 7 Jul 2017 18:02 
nfmungard
For Caral the initial plan was to go with Mirabus which does day trips to Caral every Saturday departing from Kennedy Parc in Miraflores. The cost is PEN 240pp (approx. EUR 65) including a lunch, the entrance fee & a guide. However, as there were not enough people wanting to make the trip on the Saturday we wanted to go, the tour was cancelled. Since we had planned our Peru trip with the help of a local agency (incl. the Caral trip), the agency provided an alternative at their expense for the additional fee. So we ended up going in a small group (4 people) with Haku Tours (USD 165pp also incl. lunch, entrance fees, ...) instead of with Mirabus. From Lima it's a three hour drive to Caral (one way) and we were on site for about two hours.

For Nazca we booked the flight with Movilair which was USD 110pp. There are certainly less expensive options available, but we booked in advance to avoid having to wait for a long time at the airport.

Author tonylag
Registered
#18 | Posted: 11 Jul 2017 17:14 
hi,

i am doing a group travel in South Peru: find the itinary here below:
https://www.sawadeereizen.be/rondreizen/midden-en-zuid-amerika/peru/per-de-mysterieuz e-erfenis-van-de-inca-s/uitgebreide-reisroute/

it is in Dutch, so if you need any help, you can ask for translation.

Author elsslots
Admin
#19 | Posted: 11 Jul 2017 23:12 
nfmungard:
Kbecq:
Day 4: Transfer to Nazca & flight Nazca lines

When did you book and how much did it cost?

I did stay at the Walk on Inn Hostel, and booked with them the night before after I arrived at 21.30 (95USD in 2011). The hostel though seems not exist anymore, but others may provide the same service.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries / Peru Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®