- Xinjiang Altai Mountains [extension]

*Based on reports this is a reasonably likely nomination plan for China,

Author Durian
Registered
#17 | Posted: 8 Sep 2015 20:47 

Author Durian
Registered
#18 | Posted: 14 Oct 2015 04:05 | Edited by: Durian 
Shanghai plans to preserve Shikumen styled building as World Heritage Site.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikumen

http://sh.sina.com.cn/news/m/2015-10-14/detail-ifxirmpz8324677.shtml

Author winterkjm
Registered
#19 | Posted: 13 Nov 2015 02:32 
A new massive serial nomination? Sounds like it has been added to the tentative list?

http://www.ecns.cn/cns-wire/2015/11-13/188571.shtml

Author Durian
Registered
#20 | Posted: 16 Nov 2015 07:18 | Edited by: Durian 
winterkjm:
A new massive serial nomination? Sounds like it has been added to the tentative list?

It is not a new plan and yes it is already in tentative list. It is "Shudao".

Author Solivagant
Registered
#21 | Posted: 14 Jun 2016 13:27 | Edited by: Solivagant 
I was just doing some "early planning" for a possible trip to China later this year and thought I would check the latest Chinese visa requirements/costs.
I was absolutely AMAZED - I quote
"All applicants applying for Tourist Visa MUST supply a copy of their flight confirmation in and out of China and accommodation confirmation for every night in China
The flight booking is one thing but one just can't travel independently with every hotel booked in advance!!! This never used to be the case for travel in China as many of the contributors to this Forum (including myself) will testify!
I have done various searches on various sources and also covering various Nationalities. It may be that UK citizens are facing a harder problem than some other nationalities (China adopts a "reciprocal" approach on visa matters so - if UK insists on this for Chinese citizens then.....) but the same rule applies for instance to Australians.
Does anyone have experience of recent Chinese Tourist Visa applications?
Is this "requirement" for Hotel bookings rigidly imposed? And what about other nationalities?
It appears that it may well be, as others on the Web talk of making bookings using hotels with "free" cancellation - but what a hassle for a 3 week trip!! I guess one could simply book 3 weeks at the same hotel in the arrival city - but i was hoping to do an "open jaw" flight booking so presumably would have to explain how I would get from entry point to exit point!! Visa applications nowadays are beginning to make independent travel more and more difficult. I thought Iran was bad enough and have given up on USA!

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#22 | Posted: 14 Jun 2016 15:46 
Ouch that is news to me and certainly wasn't the case four years ago when I applied. I only had a booking for my first night when I landed, and that was just from a practical point of view rather than visa requirement, though I did have to put it on my landing form if I remember correctly.

Perhaps it is a reciprocal thing, UK visa regulations have certainly ramped up in the last few years, so that may well be the case.

Author elsslots
Admin
#23 | Posted: 14 Jun 2016 15:59 
Solivagant:
"All applicants applying for Tourist Visa MUST supply a copy of their flight confirmation in and out of China and accommodation confirmation for every night in China

It is the same for Dutch citizens, I also looked into it last year. Most people seem to fake it though (with cancellable bookings).

Author Khuft
Registered
#24 | Posted: 14 Jun 2016 17:38 
Same here - the visa officer checked meticulously whether every night I was supposed to stay in China was accounted for in my bookings. Applied for Chinese visa two years ago in Germany.

Author Solivagant
Registered
#25 | Posted: 14 Jun 2016 17:40 | Edited by: Solivagant 
Khuft:
Same here - the visa officer checked meticulously whether every night I was supposed to stay in China was accounted for in my bookings.

I wonder what they do if one is on an overnight train - I suppose that also has to be pre-booked!

Well that's goodbye China then!!

I have just checked what uk requires of those wanting a visitor's visa (there is also a special arrangement for Chinese groups travelling and staying together)
"You'll need to provide the following
the dates you're planning to travel to the UK
details of where you'll be staying during your visit
how much you think your trip will cost
your current home address and how long you've lived there
your parents' names and dates of birth
how much you earn in a year"

The exact meaning of the "where you'll be staying" requirement isnt clear to me - it appears less stringent than having reservations at named hotels.

Author fr4nc1sc4
Registered
#26 | Posted: 14 Jun 2016 20:58 
Applied for a China Visa last Sep/Oct for Last Nov trip to Chengdu.
The terms and conditions are the same.

All I do was just make a booking to hostels for the one that I know I will be staying in the 'city'.
And I attached my email communication with a 'tour operator' that say that I book a "3D 2N tour to Huanglong - Jiuzhaigou" starting from this date. Which allow me not to have a booked accommodation between those dates (because it would be up to the tour operators).

It was a confirmed dates for me by then, but I assume that all hostels' bookings can be cancelled later on, right? So just book for the sake of that Visa Application.

Author Durian
Registered
#27 | Posted: 15 Jun 2016 01:08 | Edited by: Durian 
Solivagant:
All applicants applying for Tourist Visa MUST supply a copy of their flight confirmation in and out of China and accommodation confirmation for every night in China

As non European, I have seen this requirement so often, some even require itinerary when I applied visa, especially Schengen Visa. Most of the time I just booked hotels and cancelled it later or even made some fantasy plan. Not a big deal just book from a website that offer free cancellation policy. Don't use the booking for night bus or ferry, embassy staffs sometime unbelievable stupid that they only consider hotel booking only.

Author Solivagant
Registered
#28 | Posted: 15 Jun 2016 03:05 | Edited by: Solivagant 
Durian:
Most of the time I just booked hotels and cancelled it later or even made some fantasy plan.

The problem is, how much of a "fantasy" are they prepared to accept? If I am wanting to fly into Chengdu for instance and out of, say, Hong Kong across 3 weeks, I am going to have to "book" up to 21 nights at hotels which get me, in a "practical" way in terms of means of transport, between the 2 cities. At the very "simplest" I could book 12 in Chengdu and 9 in Guangzhou and say I am going to fly between the 2 cities - but wouldn't they then want to see an internal flight booking - which i wouldnt of course have?
An alternative is to work out a "practical" direct route between the 2 cities using bus and rail with NO overnight transport across a minimum number of travel days (to minimize the number of separate hotel bookings) and book a hotel at each of the fictional overnight cities! Are they really going to believe that i am going to stay for say 5 nights at some "medium interest" city en route AND will actually obtain bus and train tickets exactly as planned!!!??

Author elsslots
Admin
#29 | Posted: 15 Jun 2016 06:51 
From what I gather, in practice it's just a bit of paperwork but not a big hurdle:
- You can't apply very early, recommended is about 1 month before you leave. Surely you'll know the outline of your trip at the time, and have even booked some real hotels (I have already booked ALL my hotels for my upcoming trips to South Africa and South Korea in October and December for example, just to get the hotels that I want on cancellable bookings)
- I haven't read any sob stories about people that had a visum rejected for administrative reasons (they might make you redo your homework though until it is right)

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#30 | Posted: 15 Jun 2016 11:56 
If it is any consolation I'm just looking into our Indian visa applications and they seem to have become much easier and cheaper than last time I went, thanks to an online application process.

And whilst it may not be that comforting at least, as Durian points out, for us Western Europans these visa processes are more the exception than the norm, scant consolation when you come up against them though.

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries / China World Heritage Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®