Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries /

US Approach to World Heritage

Page  Page 17 of 17:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  
Author nfmungard
Registered
#241 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 05:48 
winterkjm:
Thanks for posting this, one of the many interesting aspects of this report is that the invited experts (about 350 of them), only 50% of them visited 10 or more world heritage sites!

Hmn. US Americans, what to expect? ... How can you be an expert on world heritage sites if you haven't seen any?

At least they found loads of sites, even though I would assume they should assume more National Parks still.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#242 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 07:02 
nfmungard:
At least they found loads of sites

Most of these sites were submitted by public comment, more than one-hundred. These experts, perhaps not of world heritage, but of historic preservation, archeology, etc began narrowing down and selecting the most relevant sites which are missing on the world heritage list, via gap study.

Author Assif
Registered
#243 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 17:37 
nfmungard:
I would assume they should assume more National Parks still

This report only refers to cultural heritage or CLs.

Author GaryArndt
Registered
#244 | Posted: 13 Jan 2017 09:18 
The sites for the Civil Rights Movement Sites on the US tentative list were just put under the jurisdiction of the National Park Service. This might help move along its nomination.

https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1207/01-12-2017-civil-rights-grants.htm

Author KSTraveler
Registered
#245 | Posted: 15 Jan 2017 00:59 
http://www.alamogordonews.com/story/news/local/community/2017/01/13/county-opposes-wh ite-sands-becoming-world-heritage-site/96566326/

It appears that Otero county in new Mexico has a ban on world heritage sites. First time I have heard about such an ordinance.

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#246 | Posted: 15 Jan 2017 04:13 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
Jeepers, that article could do with an editor. But if I've read it correctly it seems that anyone working on it becoming a World Heritage Site could be liable for 90 days in prison? Does that mean that if it is put forward in 2019, President Trump will be getting better acquainted with the New Mexico penitentiary?

But I guess that is the only way to stop White Sands National Monument from be used by the One World Government to promote Agenda 21 and vaccinating all our young through chemtrails, or something like.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#247 | Posted: 15 Jan 2017 12:22 
It sounds like the Senators in New Mexico were ignoring her. Otero County's population is 65,000 people.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#248 | Posted: 3 Feb 2017 22:27 
The National Park Service website has officially been updated with the new nominations. I expect the UNESCO website to be updated shortly.

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/internationalcooperation/revised_tentative_list.htm

Author Colvin
Registered
#249 | Posted: 3 Feb 2017 23:56 
From the article: "There are, in addition, some initiatives underway to develop nominations consisting of properties in more than one country that could potentially include U.S. properties. If any of these initiatives progresses to a suitable point, the Department of the Interior may consider adding a very limited number of properties to the Tentative List to participate in such a multi-country nomination effort."

I'd like to think this might bode well for a Klondike extension, since Skagway and the Chilkoot Pass played such important roles during the gold rush.

Page  Page 17 of 17:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17 
Countries www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Countries / US Approach to World Heritage Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®