Does this one count? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Does this one count? /

800+

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2  
Author Colvin
Registered
#16 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 20:04 
Congratulations to Atila, who just passed Iain with the new sites he added to his page today!

Author Iain Jackson
Registered
#17 | Posted: 14 Jun 2017 06:24 
I'd best come clean. With some multi-part sites (but not Vauban nor Le Corbusier) I have applied my own criterion rather flexibly and allowed myself to count a site if I have visited enough parts of it to have seen more than half the total area of all the parts, but always with a minimum of 2 parts. I hope that's clear.
And in one case I can recall, Vicenza and the Villas of the Veneto, I developed a severe case of Palladio fatigue and simply gave up well before the 50%+1 threshold. I felt that one visit was merely repeating what I had already seen several times. What a Philistine, eh?

Author nfmungard
Registered
#18 | Posted: 14 Jun 2017 08:57 
Iain Jackson:
. I felt that one visit was merely repeating what I had already seen several times. What a Philistine, eh?

Totally ;) And you still haven't ticked of Hamburg... And that is a simple day trip from Edinburgh ;)

Author Colvin
Registered
#19 | Posted: 14 Jun 2017 09:36 | Edited by: Colvin 
And apeaking of Edinburgh, that would seem to be another easy site to complete if you wanted to, Iain. Are you planning to have that be your last site? At any rate, you and Atila are inspirations for those of us looking to learn more about the world. Happy travels!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Does this one count? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Does this one count? / 800+ Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®