Palladio / Palladian
Andrea Palladio was a 16th century Italian architect. The Palladian style, named after him, is based on symmetry, perspective and classical Greek and Roman temple architecture.
The connection belongs to Architecture connections.
- Australian Convict Sites: Old Government House Extensions Link
- Beemster Polder: Rectangular road layout
- Blenheim Palace: Great Bridge
- City of Bath: Palladian Bridge in Prior Park
- Garden Kingdom of Dessau-Wörlitz: Wörlitz castle
- Longobards in Italy: The Archaeological museum pf Cividale is situated in the "Palazzo dei Provveditori Veneti". This was "designed by Andrea Palladio and built between 1565 and 1596" See - Link
- Maritime Greenwich: Queens house
- Prague: Černín Palace - "decorated with thirty Palladian half-columns"
- Royal Saltworks of Arc-et-Senans: Palladian pediments at the white stone buildings
- St. Petersburg: Tauride Palace, State Bank and Hermitage Theatre in Saint Petersburg, Palladian Bridge and Saint Sophia's Church in Pu?kin, Palace in Pavlovo
- Studley Royal Park: One of the follies in the park is palladian style banqueting house
- Venice and its Lagoon: Redentore Church; San Giorgio Maggiore Church, Cloister and Refectory; Zitelle Church; Facade of San Pietro di Castello Church; San Francesco della Vigna Church; Convent of the Charity; Few Rooms in the Ducal Palace
- Verona: Dalla Torre Palace
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Palladio / Palladian?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source