The connection belongs to Ecology connections.
- Glacier parks: humpback whale, grey whale, minke whale and killer whale
- Gough and Inaccessible Islands: Whales live in the surrounding waters (wiki)
- Great Barrier Reef: At least 30 species of whales and dolphins occur here, and it is a significant area for humpback whale calving. (OUV)
- Henderson Island: humpback whale
- Ilulissat Icefjord: fin and minke whales Balaenoptera physalis (EN) and B. acutorostrata occur in summer at the fjord mouth with very occasional blue and bowhead whales B. musculus (EN) and Balaena mysticetus (EN). (UNEP-WCMC)
- Komodo National Park: blue whale and sperm whale "are occasionally observed"
- Lagoons of New Caledonia
- Malpelo: Whales include migratory humpback Megaptera novaeangliae and occasional blue Balaenoptera musculus (EN), fin Balaenoptera physalus (EN), sperm Physeter macrocephalus (VU), Bryde's Baleanoptera edeni, killer Orcinus orca, false killer Pseudorca crassidens, pygmy killer Feresa attenuata, Cuvier's beaked Ziphius cavirostris, beaked Mesoplodon sp., shortfin pilot Globicephala macrorhynchus and melonheaded Peponocephala electra whales. (UNEP WCMC)
- Ningaloo Coast: humpback whales
- Ogasawara Islands: Breeding grounds of humpback whales and sperm whales, also sightings of sei whale, blue whale and north pacific right whale
- Olympic National Park: Grey Whale
- Peninsula Valdes: Southern Right Whale
- Phoenix Islands: Bryde's whale (Balaenoptera edeni), sperm whale (Physeter macrocephalus), dwarf sperm whale (Kogia simus), pygmy sperm whale (Kogia breviceps), short-finned pilot whale (Globicephala macrorhynchus), killer whale (Orcinus orca), false killer whale (Pseudorca crassidens), pygmy killer whale (Feresa attenuate), melon-headed whale (Peponocephala electra) (UNEP-WCMC)
- Rainforests of the Atsinanana: humpback and southern right whales at Masoala (UNEP-WCMC)
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station: Used for whaling
- Shark Bay: humpback whales
- Socotra Archipelago: "various species of baleen and toothed whales" (nom file)
- St. Kilda: minke and killer whales
- Surtsey: Minke Whales
- Tubbataha Reefs
- Wadi Al-Hitan: Fossil whale skeletons
- West Norwegian Fjords
- Whale Sanctuary of El Vizcaino: Grey whale
- Wrangel Island: Feeding ground for the Gray whale
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park: Winter migrations of humpback whale and southern right whale
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Whales?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source