WHS connected with "Virginity" (Excluding Christian Marian Shrines, which have their own "connection")
The connection belongs to Religion and Belief connections.
- Acropolis: Parthenon = "Virgin's Place" or "Temple of the Virgin Goddess" i.e Athena who never had a lover or consort - although Hephaestus tried to rape her
- Kathmandu Valley: The living goddess Kumari lives in the Kumari Ghar, a palace in the center of Kathmandu. The word "Kumari" is derived from Sanskrit Kaumarya meaning "virgin"
- Rome: House of the Vestals, located just behind the circular Temple of Vesta at the eastern edge of the Roman Forum between the Regia and the Palatine Hill. Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Virginity?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source