WHS named solely after a single river.
The connection belongs to Geography connections.
- Alto Douro: Douro
- Baptism Site "Bethany Beyond the Jordan": The Jordan
- Caral-Supe : Supe
- Central Amazon Conservation Complex: Amazon
- Coa Valley and Siega Verde: Coa
- Comoé National Park: Comoé
- Danube Delta: Danube
- Decorated cave of Pont d'Arc: Ardeche (in the full name)
- Derwent Valley Mills: The river Derwent
- Dja Faunal Reserve: Dja
- Ferrara: Po
- Forth Bridge: Named after the Forth river
- Lena Pillars: The Lena river, the 11th longest river in the world
- Loire Valley: Loire
- Lower Valley of the Awash: Awash
- Lower Valley of the Omo: Omo
- Manas Wildlife Sanctuary: Manas River
- Nahanni National Park: South Nahanni River
- Paris, Banks of the Seine: Seine
- Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River
- Rio Abiseo National Park: Rio Abiseo
- Rio Platano Biosphere Reserve: Rio Platano
- Saloum Delta: Saloum River
- Saltaire: The name of the village is a combination of the founder's surname and the name of the river (Aire)
- San Antonio Missions: San Antonio River
- Sangha Trinational: Sangha
- Studenica Monastery: Named after the nearby Studenica river
- Upper Middle Rhine Valley: Rhine
- Zuojiang Huashan Rock Art: Zuojiang River
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Individual Rivers?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source