The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Florence: 1642 Buried in the Basilica of Sta Croce, originally in a side room and then in 1737 moved to the main part. The Museo Galileo (near the Uffizi) has on show one of his fingers removed during his reburial
- Piazza del Duomo (Pisa): Is said to have dropped balls of different masses from the Leaning Tower to demonstrate that their time of descent was independent of their mass - but probably didn't!.
- Rome: Monastery of Sta Maria Sopra Minerva - location of Galileo's trial for heresy and of his "Abjuration".
- Venice and its Lagoon: 1593 became external consultant to the Arsenal visiting it and advising on matters of propulsion, materials and ballistics. His work there stimulated his development of the science of Mechanics
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Galileo Galilei?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source