Frescoes / murals by famous painters
The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Assisi: Cimabue, Giotto, Simone Martini and Pietro Lorenzetti; Santa Maria degli Angeli: Johann Friedrich Overback and Pietro Perugino
- Bauhaus Sites: murals by Oskar Schlemmer at the Bauhaus University Link
- El Escurial: Luca Giordano
- Ferapontov Monastery: By Dionisius (c. 1440 ? 1502), head of the Moscow school of icon painters at the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries.
- Florence: Dome of Duomo by Giorgio Vasari
- Gardens and Castle at Kromeríz: Castle by Franz Anton Maulbertsch
- Hospicio Cabañas: Orozco
- Mantua and Sabbioneta: Mantua: Camera degli Sposi by Andrea Mantegna in the Ducal Palace, Frescoes in the Te Palace by Giulio Romano
- Mexico City and Xochimilco: Rivera
- Naples: Saint Martin's Certosa by Luca Giordano
- Prague: Philosophical Hall of the library of the Strahov Monastery by Franz Anton Maulbertsch
- Rome: Andrea Pozzo: Corridor of Casa Professa, Ceiling of Saint Ignatius's Church, Refectory of Holy Heart's Convent of Trinità dei Monti
- Sacri Monti of Piedmont and Lombardy: Sacro Monte of Varallo - Frescoes by Gaudenzio Ferrari
- Salzburg: Dome of the Kajetanerkirche by Paul Troger
- San Gimignano: Collegial Church by Benozzo Gozzoli and Domenico Ghirlandaio, Saint Augustin's Church by Benozzo Gozzoli
- San Miguel de Allende: Siqueros mural in one of the rooms of the ?Escuela de Bellas Artes?
- Santa Maria delle Grazie: Leonardo da Vinci
- Siena: Public Palace by Simone Martini, Ambrogio Lorenzetti, Duccio di Buoninsegna, Sodoma, Vecchietta and Domenico Beccafumi, Cathedral by Pinturicchio, Santa Maria della Scala Hospital by Vecchietta, Saint Augustin's Church by Ambrogio Lorenzetti, Francesco di Giorgio Martini and Luca Signorelli, Arch of the Two Gates by Baldassarre Peruzzi, Santa Maria dei Servi Basilica by Pietro Lorenzetti, Saint Francis's Church by Pietro Lorenzetti and Ambrogio Lorenzetti, Saint Bernardin's Oratory by Sodoma and Domenico Beccafumi, Santa Caterina in Fontebranda Oratory by Sodoma, Saint Dominic's Basilica by Sodoma
- Stoclet House: Gustav Klimt
- Strasbourg: The Aubette Palace was decorated in the 1920s by Hans Arp, Theo van Doesburg, and Sophie Taeuber-Arp.
- Valletta: Valetta Cathedral by Mattia Preti
- Vatican City: Vatican Palaces by Michelangelo Buonarroti, Raffaello Sanzio, Domenico Ghirlandaio, Beato Angelico, Giulio Romano, Pietro Perugino, Sandro Botticelli, Luca Signorelli, Piero di Cosimo, Pinturicchio and Bramantino
- Venice and its Lagoon: Scuola di San Rocco by Tintoretto, Saint Sebastian's Church by Paolo Veronese
- Vicenza: Villa Barbaro in Maser, by Veronese
- Vienna: Gustav Klimt, Beethoven Frieze at the Secession; Dome of Jesuit Church by Andrea Pozzo
- Wachau Cultural Landscape: frescoes by Daniel Gran in Kloster Und
- White Monuments of Vladimir and Suzdal: Cathedral of the Assumption: ?Last Judgment? by Andrei Rublev and Daniil Chernii
- Würzburg Residence: Tiepolo
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Frescoes / murals by famous painters?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source