WHS which need to be visited at a particular time of year either because the main stated OUV can only be seen/experienced at certain times or because climatic conditions/conservation requirements require the entire inscribed area to be closed at certain periods.
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Kaziranga National Park: The Park is closed from Mid April to Mid October due to monsoon rains during which the Brahmaputra breaks its banks.
- Manas Wildlife Sanctuary: Only open November to April because of the monsoon
- Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve: Butterflies are only present from November to March
- Okavango Delta
- Taos Pueblo: Late winter to early Spring the Pueblo closes for about ten weeks. - Official Taos Pueblo website. This closure is due in part to both seasonal and resident accommodations.
- Whale Sanctuary of El Vizcaino: Whales are only present from Jan - mid March
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Seasonal WHS?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source