Seven Wonders of the World
The Seven Wonders of the World (or the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World) is a widely-known list of seven remarkable manmade constructions of classical antiquity.
The connection belongs to WHS on Other Lists connections.
- Ephesus: Temple of Artemis, one of the Classical Seven Wonders of the World
- Museumsinsel (Museum Island): Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Ishtar Gate (reconstruction from its remains now in Pergamom Museum)
- Olympia: Statue of Zeus at Olympia (destructed in the 5th or 6th century AD)
- Pyramids (Memphis): Great Pyramid of Giza (still standing)
- Rhodes: Colossus of Rhodes (felled by an earthquake in 226 BC)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Seven Wonders of the World?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source