Religious sites connected to fishermen
The connection belongs to Religion and Belief connections.
- Fertö/Neusiedlersee: Fischerkirche in Rust, dedicated to the fishermen from Rust Link
- Iwami Ginzan Silver Mine: Ebisu Shrines at Okidomari and Tomogaura (part of Iwami Ginzan) are dedicated to Ebisu, Shinto God of fishermen.
- Macao: A-ma Temple was built by fishermen
- Old City of Acre: Al-Bahri Mosque
- Schokland: Schokland's church was a main church of this once fishery community
- Stralsund and Wismar: Wismar's St. Nicholas Church was once the church of the fishermen, sailors and travelers.
- Vatican City: St. Peters's Basilica - Saint Peter was a fisherman from Galilee Link
- Vienna: Maria am Gestade, "traditionally used by sailors on the Danube" Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Religious sites connected to fishermen?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source