Guided Tour Only
WHS that can be visited by guided tour only. Only complete WHS with this restriction are included; the connection does not extend to parts of WHS (individual buildings etc).
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Altamira Cave
- Brú na Bóinne: Tours start at the visitor centre, and the visitors are being taken to Newgrange etc by shuttle bus
- Changdeokgung Palace Complex: Tours are offered in Korean, English, Chinese, and Japanese. "To visit Changdeok Palace and Biwon Garden, you must be on an tour." - lifeinkorea.com
- Coa Valley and Siega Verde
- Hal Saflieni Hypogeum: "To ensure its conservation, the site's microclimate is strictly regulated. For this reason, the site is open to a maximum of 80 visitors each day....From Monday to Sunday eight tours will be conducted, starting on the hour from 9.00 till 16.00 (last tour). There are two special tours at noon and 16.00 hours. To plan your sightseeing, we advise that you book ahead as tours are often full up to weeks in advance. For your convenience, you can use our new online booking.... Tickets for the Hypogeum are also available in person from all Heritage Malta sites." Link
- Independence Hall: On a free tour ticket, with a specific day and time
- Ischigualasto / Talampaya: Both parks
- Kaesong: A visit anywhere in North Korea is guided
- Koguryo Tombs: A visit anywhere in North Korea is guided
- Mammoth Cave
- Margravial Opera House: Now closed, but usually Guided Tour Only
- Messel Pit: In German Link
- Mount Carmel Caves
- Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River: underground river
- Residence of Bukovinian and Dalmatian Metropolitans
- Skocjan Caves
- Tugendhat Villa: Can only be visited on frequent guided tours
- Van Nellefabriek
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines: By one of the regular tours (hourly in Polish and English, German, French, Russian, Italian and Spanish as well)
- Yuso and Suso Monasteries: Frequent daily tours, except for Monday
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Guided Tour Only?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source