Waterfalls that are significantly Tall or handle a High Volume of water. Limited to those that belong to the Top 20 of either category on http://www.world-waterfalls.com/.
The connection belongs to Ecology connections.
- Canaima National Park
- Golden Mountains of Altai: Shinok Waterfall
- Iguazu National Park
- Kakadu National Park: Jim Jim Falls
- Maloti Drakensberg
- Nahanni National Park: Virginia Falls
- Noel Kempff Mercado National Park: Catarata Arco Iris
- Te Wahipounamu: Sutherland Falls (3 Drops 590m total)
- Victoria Falls
- West Norwegian Fjords: Geirangerfjord: numerous, among them the Seven Sisters and the Suitor
- Yellowstone: Yellowstone Falls
- Yosemite National Park: Yosemite Falls (highest in North America)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Big Waterfalls?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source