Group of culturally related indigenous peoples of South America, distinguished by their use of the Guaraní language.
The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Atlantic Forest South-East: About 200 people live in the core zone most of whom are Guarani Link
- El Fuerte de Samaipata: Destroyed by the Guarani
- Iguacu: the Guarani traditionally inhabited the area and regarded the waterfalls as holy
- Iguazu National Park: the Guarani traditionally inhabited the area and regarded the waterfalls as holy
- Jesuit Missions of Trinidad and Jesus: The missions were built as miniature city-states that integrated the indigenous Guarani populations with Christian faith.
- Jesuit Missions of the Guaranis
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Guarani?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source