Ongoing/Recent Archaeological digs
WHS within which there are active archaeological digs (= Operational seasons within last 2 years. ). Specify the Institution performing the dig and, where possible, a web site or link to up-to-date information. Sites where only the evaluation of previous excavated finds has been taking place are excluded
The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Ancient Merv: University College London . Ecavation of Sultan Kala active in 2010 Link
- Gyeongju: 10-year time frame for archeological digs/exploration Link
- Lenggong Valley: The University of Science Malaysia (USM) Archaeological Field Station opened in 2005 and will continue research (AB ev)
- Nisa: University of Turin. Reports up to 2009. Link
- Paphos: University of Sydney (Paphos theatre site) reports up to 2010 and plans for 2011 Link
- Peking Man Site Link
- Southern Öland: Sandy Borg (2010 to present) Dept. of Museum Archaeology/Kalmar County Museum, The Linnéaus University and Stockholm University. Link
- Xanthos-Letoon: University Laval Quebec (Canadian Epigraphic Mission) Reports up to 2010. Link
- Çatalhöyük Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Ongoing/Recent Archaeological digs?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source