Mannerism is a period of European painting, sculpture, architecture and decorative arts lasting from the later years of the Italian High Renaissance around 1520 until the arrival of the Baroque around 1600.
The connection belongs to Architecture connections.
- Amsterdam Canal Ring: Noorderkerk and other works by Hendrick de Keyser Link
- Belem: High Altar and the Transept chapels in the Sta. Maria church
- Evora: Evora University
- Florence Link
- Graz: Schloss Eggenberg's Grotto
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
- L'viv: Bernardine Church: In the 17th century the present day church and monastery were constructed .. in the style of Italian and Dutch mannerism and consecrated in 1630. (wiki)
- Lyon: Mannerist house of the Lion (1647)
- Mantua and Sabbioneta: Mantua Te Palace
- Medici Villas and Gardens: The mannerist garden in Pratolino.
- Sacri Monti of Piedmont and Lombardy: Sacro Monte di Orta, part of Sacri Monti
- San Cristobal de La Laguna: Casa de Lercaro, with an especially fine Mannerist façade (AB ev)
- Venice and its Lagoon: Scuola di San Rocco and others
- Villa d'Este: Terraced garden
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Mannerism?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source