Contains significant structures from the 21st Century
WHS that hold an important structure from the 21st century, while the main part of the WHS itself belongs to an earlier century
The connection belongs to History connections.
- Brugge: Concertgebouw (2002), designed by Paul Robbrecht and Hilde Daem for Brugge's Cultural Capital of Europe in 2002
- Edinburgh: Scottish Parliament Building (2004) Link
- Graz: Murinsel (2003)
- Kew Gardens: The Sackler Crossing Link
- Museumsinsel (Museum Island): Neues Museum (2009)
- Namhansanseong: Emergency Palace or Namhansanseong Palace: "Completely destroyed in the early 20th century, the site of the royal palace and its shrines was excavated (1999), and then reconstructed (2004)." - AB Evaluation
- Royal Exhibition Building: Melbourne Museum (2000)
- Venice and its Lagoon: San Michele Cemetery (2007)
- Vienna: Peek and Cloppenburg store (2010) Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Contains significant structures from the 21st Century?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source