The Mughal Empire ruled most of the Indian subcontinent from the early 16th to the mid-19th centuries.
The connection belongs to History connections.
- Agra Fort: The great Mughals Babur, Humayun, Akbar, Jehangir, Shah Jahan and Aurangzeb lived here, and the country was governed from here.
- Ahmadabad: Ahmadabad is also an important city of Mughal architecture from the late 16th and early 17th centuries, with particular contributions of buildings and gardens by Shah Jahan during his residence in Ahmadabad as the Mughal Suba. These were early prototypes for his constructions in Agra when he became emperor. (AB ev)
- Fatehpur Sikri
- Fort and Shalamar Gardens
- Humayun's Tomb
- Makli, Thatta
- Red Fort
- Sulaiman-Too: Babur, founder of the Mughal dynasty, is said to have built a small mosque here in 1510
- Taj Mahal
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Mughal Empire?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source