An armoury is a place where arms and ammunition are made, maintained and repaired, stored, issued to authorized users, or any combination of those. Over the centuries, this has included every variant of such a place, whether privately or publicly owned (with the latter in older royal and modern state-owned versions). (wiki)
The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Bridgetown: at St. Anne's Fort
- Cesky Krumlov: at the castle
- Graz: Zeughaus Museum Link
- Istanbul: At the Topkapi Palace
- Jeju: Seongsan Ilchulbong Crater "A portion of the coastal area on the southern slope was used as a military supply storage area during Japanese occupation. At that time, a natural sea cave was slightly modified into a sea-cliff defense post." - Nomination File
- Kremlin and Red Square
- Paris, Banks of the Seine: Les Invalides Link
- Residences of the Royal House of Savoy: royal armoury
- Salzburg: at the fort
- Tower of London Link
- Valletta: Grandmaster's Palace
- Venice and its Lagoon: Arsenal Link
- Vienna: Neues Palais at the Hofburg
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Armouries?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source