The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Birka and Hovgarden
- Gros Morne National Park: Vikings may have temporarily resided in St Paul's Inlet in the north around 1,000 years ago (AB ev)
- Ilulissat Icefjord: Semermuit and Qajaa, both Viking archaeological sites, are within the WHS
- Kujataa Link
- L'Anse aux Meadows
- Novgorod: It was founded by the Varangian dynasty Link
- Southern Öland
- St. Kilda: "It is certain that the Vikings visited and may have settled the islands." (AB ev)
- Visby: "Excavations have indicated that there was a trading settlement in the early Viking Age on the site of Visby"
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Viking settlements?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source