WHS mentioned in and/or setting for works of William Shakespeare
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Acropolis: Midsummer Night's Dream
- Kronborg Castle: Hamlet
- Mantua and Sabbioneta: Mantua: It is the town to which Romeo was banished in William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet. (wiki)
- Rome: Julius Caesar, Titus Andronicus
- Tower of London: Henry VI Act I Scene III "London -before the Gates of the Tower". Scene V "A room in the Tower", - and in other plays also (E.g Richard III)
- Troy: Troilus + Cressida
- Tyre: Pericles, Prince of Tyre - "Tyre -a room in the Palace"
- Venice and its Lagoon: The Merchant of Venice
- Verona: Romeo and Juliet
- Vienna: Measure for Measure
- Westminster: Henry IV II Act IV Scene 4 "Westminster -a room at the Palace"; Henry VI Act I Scene I "Westminster Abbey; There are others in Westminster or "The Parliament house" too
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Shakespearean plays?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source