The connection belongs to Geography connections.
- Guanacaste: on the case of the Rincón de la Vieja volcano, there are two lagoons on craters, the one on the main active crater (a termomineral, hot lagoon) and the one on the Crater #5, also called Jilgueros Lagoon, a cold water lagoon in a densely forested area. Additionally, the Santa María volcano also has a lagoon. Link
- Tongariro National Park
- Volcanoes of Kamchatka: Kurile Lake
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Crater Lakes?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source