The connection belongs to History connections.
- Budapest: Budapest Castle, residence of the Hungarian Habsburg branch
- Cracow: under Austrian rule Wawel served as barracks and a military hospital
- Graz: Grazer Burg, built by Holy Roman Emperor Frederick III
- Hallstatt-Dachstein: Rudolfsturm, Hellerhaus Link
- L'viv: Theatre of Opera and Ballet among others
- Mostar: All administrative buildings were built by the Austrians after 1878 in the Neoclassical style
- Old City of Jerusalem: Austrian Hospice, built as a pilgrim house and visited in 1869 by Emperor Franz Joseph I
- Prague: Prague Castle rebuilt by Maria Theresa
- Residence of Bukovinian and Dalmatian Metropolitans: Built while under Habsburg rule
- Schönbrunn: Imperial Summer Residence, starting with the era of Maria Theresa of Austria
- Semmering Railway: Constructed under the Habsburg rule
- Vienna: Hofburg Palace (housed the Habsburg family)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Habsburgs (Austrian)?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source