The connection belongs to Human Activity connections.
- Abbey of St Gall: Codex St Gall is among the earliest examples of Western neumatic notation.
- Archaeological Site of Delphi: The Delphic Hymns are among the only musical fragments that survived from Ancient Greece (in Greek letter notation)
- Ferrara: Pomposa Abbey is where Guido d'Arezzo invented the staff notation.
- Mount Athos: Its library has several significant manuscripts in the Byzantine notation.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Musical Notation?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source