In private ownership
WHS which are owned in their entirety by a private individual or company. Excluding those in Customary Ownership, which have their own connection.
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Berlin Modernism Housing Estates: Most of the houses are sold to private owners or cooperatively owned
- Blenheim Palace: Owned by John Spencer-Churchill 11th Duke of Marlborough (b1926)
- Chief Roi Mata's Domain: The land on which Chief Roi Mata's Domain, Vanuatu is situated is privately owned by two families or the villages on Lelepa Island and Mangaliliu.
- Cistercian Abbey of Fontenay: Bought by Édouard Aynard in 1906 and still owned by his family Link
- Crespi d'Adda: Bought by the company of Antonio Percassi in October 2013 Link
- Cueva de las Manos: AB -"Both the site and the buffer zone are within the property of a private individual, who has signed an agreement consenting to the declaration of her land as a World Heritage site"
- Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland: 6 out of 7 are privately owned, the owners still live there (AB)
- Engelsberg Ironworks: owned by Nordstjernan Forvaltnings AB (AB ev)
- Fagus Factory: Fagus-Grecon Greten GmbH & Co.KG
- Sammallahdenmäki: "Owner. Several private landowners." (Nom file)
- Stevns Klint: The cliff is primarily private property with the local estate Gjorslev Gods as the largest owner (95 % of the cliff is owned by this private landowner). (AB ev)
- Stoclet House: AB "The House and its garden are the property of the real estate company 'Suzanne and Adolphe Stoclet' (SAS), formed by the descendants and heirs of the founders, of whom there are seven. The furniture and art objects are their personal property."
- Tombs of Buganda Kings: The King of Buganda is the private legal owner as trustee for the kingdom (AB ev)
- Van Nellefabriek: The land and real estate are owned by the private company Design Factory Monument. (AB ev)
- Vredefort Dome: The demarcated area is nearly exclusively privately owned with state land only comprising approximately 600 hectares out of a total of more than 30 000 hectares. (nom file)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to In private ownership?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source