Sites which have had to be or are still being cleared of landmines.
The connection belongs to Damaged connections.
- Bamiyan Valley Link
- My Son: Nom file "In August 1969 the sanctuary itself was heavily bombed, causing great destruction. After the war the area was progressively cleared of mines and unexploded bombs and shells."... " In 1981, with the help and technical assistance of the Polish Government, the first action was taken to clear the area of mines and restore the main monuments, damaged by years of war and neglect"
- Phong Nha - Ke Bang
- Preah Vihear Temple
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Landmines?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source