Rejected, and then inscribed
Sites that have been rejected by the WHC, but have got in at a later session.
The connection belongs to World Heritage Process connections.
- Cidade Velha: Rejected quite conclusive in 1992
- Cocos Island
- Hildesheim Cathedral and Church: Church of St Michael was rejected in 1982
- Land of Frankincense: As Khor Rori (1987)
- Macquarie Island
- Qadisha Valley
- South China Karst: Rejected 1992 as former TWHS Lunan Stone Forest Scenic Zone
- Stone Town of Zanzibar
- Viñales Valley
- Úbeda and Baeza
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Rejected, and then inscribed?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source