Destroyed by Hurricanes or Typhoons
WHS that have been (partly) destroyed or severely damaged due to a hurricane or typhoon.
The connection belongs to Damaged connections.
- Camagüey: Ike
- Cienfuegos: Dennis
- Itsukushima Shrine: On September 5, 2004, the shrine was severely damaged by Typhoon Songda. The boardwalks and roof were partially destroyed, and the shrine was temporarily closed for repairs. (wiki)
- Levuka: Cyclone Winston, Feb 2016 Link
- Old Havana: Ike
- Socotra Archipelago: Cyclone Megh (Nov 2015): "... number of homes have been destroyed and 5,000 more displaced people have fled the northern shores of the island to schools, universities and hospitals" Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Destroyed by Hurricanes or Typhoons?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source