Built or owned by Hungarians
Sites outside the current borders of Hungary that were built or owned by Hungarians.
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Rome: (Santo Stefano degli Ungheresi is the Hungarian national church in Rome - The church was granted to King Stephen I in 1000 by Pope Sylvester II. The first Christian king of the Magyars received his crown from the Pope that year. (Wiki)
- Spissky Hrad and Levoca: Built in the early 12th century by Hungarian Kings
- Vienna: Palais Esterhazy (by House of Esterházy, a Hungarian noble family)
- Villages with Fortified Churches: Darjiu Unitarian Church
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Built or owned by Hungarians?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source