Built or owned by Swedes
Sites outside the current borders of Scandinavia that were built or owned by Swedish persons.
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Fortress of Suomenlinna: Second half of the 18th century
- Forts and Castles Gold Coast: Cape Coast Castle (Carolusborg)
- Riga: (1621-1710)
- Rome: Santa Brigida is the Swedish national church in Rome - In 1513, Peder Månsson, later (1524) Bishop of Västerås in Sweden, erected a new church. It was officially granted to the Bishop of Uppsala by Pope Paul III (1534-1549). (Wiki)
- Stralsund and Wismar: Wismar (1632- 1803)and Stralsund (1653-1815)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Built or owned by Swedes?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source