Replica cultural sites
Where only a Replica can be visited of the designated cultural heritage.
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Altamira Cave
- Baekje Historic Areas: “The Exhibition Hall of the Royal Tombs in Songsan-ri displays a replica – reproduced in precision – of an ancient tomb closed to the public for reasons of protection. Visitors can learn about the excavation done for the royal tombs, interior appearance of the tombs, and Baekje culture of the time.” - Nomination File
- Decorated cave of Pont d'Arc: A facsimile of Chauvet Cave, on the model of the so-called "Faux Lascaux", was opened to the general public 25 April, 2015. It is the largest cave replica ever built worldwide, ten times bigger than the Lascaux facsimile (wiki) Link
- Thracian tomb of Kazanlak
- Vézère Valley: Lascaux
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Replica cultural sites?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source