Greatest Altitude Variations
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Great Himalayan National Park: "Starting from an altitude of 1,700 metres above mean sea level, the highest peak within the park approaches almost 5,800 metres" (Nom File pdf page 275)
- Hawaii Volcanoes: Sea Level - 4170 (Mauna Loa): 4170m difference
- Khangchendzonga National Park: elevational range of 1,220m to 8,586m above sea level (asl) within a relatively small area (AB ev)
- Kilimanjaro National Park: 1830m - 5895m (Mt Kibo): 4065m difference
- Lorentz National Park: Sea Level - 4884m : 4884m difference
- Qhapaq Ñan: Santuario Arqueológico de Pachacamac (PE-XP-40/CS-2011) at 75 MASL approx, Complejo Ceremonial Volcán Llullaillaco (ARLLU-07/CS-2011) at 6739 MASL. 6664 m difference
- Rwenzori Mountains: 1700 - 5119 (Mt Margherita): 3419m difference
- Sagarmatha National Park: 2845m - 8550m ("Mt Everest"): 5705m difference
- Sangay National Park: an altitudinal range extending from 900 to 5,319 metres above sea level (4,419m variation)
- Three parallel rivers of Yunnan: 760m - 6740m (Mt Kawagebo): 5980m difference
- Virunga National Park: 798m - 5119m (Mt Margherita): 4321 difference
- Western Tien-Shan: ranges in altitude from 700 to 4,503 m above sea level
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Greatest Altitude Variations?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source