Leonardo da Vinci
WHS connected to life and/or work of Leonardo da Vinci.
The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Cracow: Painted "The Lady With An Ermine" (now in Czartoryski Museum)
- Florence: Was educated there as an artist from the age of 14, lived there later on in his life and the Uffizi now holds several of his works
- Istanbul: In 1502 Leonardo da Vinci produced a drawing of a single span 720-foot (240 m) bridge over the Horn. In 2006 it was decided that an exact copy of da Vinci's design will be resurrected
- Loire Valley: Chambord: "There are suggestions that Leonardo da Vinci may have designed the staircase, but this has not been confirmed." (wiki); Was buried in the castle of Amboise and lived in the castle Clos-Luc.
- Mantua and Sabbioneta: Mantua: journeyed there
- Paris, Banks of the Seine: Painted the Mona Lisa, now at the Louvre museum
- Rome: Worked there as an artist
- San Cristobal de La Laguna: City plan based on a design by him: "In 1502, a regular town plan based on Leonardo da Vinci's model for Imola was drawn up by the Captain General (Adelantado) for the area." (AB ev)
- Santa Maria delle Grazie: Painted The Last Supper
- Urbino: Lived there; "The walls were rebuilt according to the designs of Leonardo da Vinci" (AB ev)
- Vatican City: Lived in the Belvedere
- Venice and its Lagoon: Fled there in 1499
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Leonardo da Vinci?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source