Sites that are islands or island groups, without permanent population on the entire site (except for the odd scientist or park ranger).
The connection belongs to Geography connections.
- Aldabra Atoll: "Research Officer, Island Manager and their rangers and staff"
- Archipiélago de Revillagigedo: The nominated property is uninhabited apart from the presence of a Mexican Navy station on Socorro (around 100 people) and a very small base on Clarión (around 10 people). (AB ev)
- Bikini Atoll
- Cocos Island: Only park rangers
- Gough and Inaccessible Islands: Inaccessible Island is uninhabited, Gough Island has a South African weather station
- Heard and McDonald Islands: Never inhabited
- Henderson Island
- Macquarie Island: Except for base of the Australian Antarctic Division
- Malpelo: Malpelo is uninhabited except for six soldiers, rotated biannually, plus 10 more from the patrol boat. (UNEP WCMC)
- Rock Islands: presently uninhabited, after the villages were abandoned in the 17th/18th century
- Sceilg Mhichíl
- St. Kilda: Regarding Hirta: except for staff of radar tracking station, Trust and Scottish National Heritgae staff and scientific researchers
- Sub-Antarctic Islands
- Surtsey: Never inhabited
- Wrangel Island: Except for ca. "27 full and part time staff". Presumed never inhabited.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Uninhabited islands?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source