The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Gulf of California: Gulf of California is called "Sea of Cortez" locally, because Hernan Cortes discovered Baja California in 1536
- Kasbah of Algiers: Volunteered at expedition to Algiers in 1541
- Mexico City and Xochimilco: Siege of Tenochtitlan (1521)
- Popocatepetl monasteries: Cuernavaca Cathedral: Building of the complex proper began in 1529 on land donated by Juana de Zúñiga de Cortés, Hernán Cortés’s wife (wiki)
- Salamanca: Studied for 4 years at University of Salamanca
- Santo Domingo: Registered as a citizen there in 1503
- Trinidad and the Valley de los Ingenios: visited 1518
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Hernán Cortés?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source