Vasco da Gama
The connection belongs to Individual People connections.
- Churches and Convents of Goa: Third voyage
- Cidade Velha: Stopped off here
- Evora: Said to have studied there
- Island of Mozambique: Visited in 1498
- Robben Island: The first Europeans to land there were probably members of Vasco de Gama’s fleet, who stopped there in 1498 in search of shelter and supplies. (AB ev)
- Ruins of Kilwa Kisiwani and Songo Mnara: Second voyage
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Vasco da Gama?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source