The connection belongs to History connections.
- Ahwar of Southern Iraq: Uruk went into a steep decline until about 850 BC when the Neo-Assyrian Empire annexed it as a provincial capital. Under the Neo-Assyrians and Neo-Babylonians, Uruk regained much of its former glory (wiki)
- Ancient Thebes
- Biblical Tells
- Erbil Citadel: appears for the first time in historical sources during the Ur III period, and gained particular importance during the Neo-Assyrian period (wiki)
- Old City of Acre
- Pyramids (Memphis)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Assyrian Empire?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source