Founded after Animal Miracle
WHS founded after animals performed some kind of action considered as a miracle.
The connection belongs to Religion and Belief connections.
- Butrint: Legend tells us about an ox that was meant to be sacrificed but escaped, struggled wounded ashore and died on the beach. Of course this was taken as a good sign and so Butrint was founded. It connects nicely with the namecalling too because originally the place was known as Buthrotum meaning "wounded ox".
- Maulbronn Monastery: A few monks were accompanied by a mule. In their search for a new place to build their abbey the mule stopped and refused to walk any further because it wanted to drink of a spring it had found. The monks interpreted it as a sign of God and so their search was ended and the monastery built. They named it after this event and the place Maulbronn was born
- Mexico City and Xochimilco: Tenochtitlan: founded where an eagle with a rattlesnake was seen
- Yuso and Suso Monasteries: Apparently when the monks had laid the remains of the holy man San Milan on a cart, the oxes who were pulling the thing refused to do their work on a certain point and could not be made to continue. It was seen as a sign and so this point was chosen as the spot where the new monastery was to be built.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Founded after Animal Miracle?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source