WHS where Stars Wars was filmed.
The connection belongs to Trivia connections.
- Mount Etna: This active volcano was used as the background for the light saber battle between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker in “Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith.” During filming, Mount Edna erupted and George Lucas sent his team to film the lava flows.
- Redwood: Northern California's giant redwood forests doubled as home to the Ewoks on planet Endor.
- Royal Palace at Caserta: 1997 Queen Amidala royal palace. 2002 episode 2: Attack of clones- Queen Jamillas palace.
- Sceilg Mhichíl: The island served as a location for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and is featured in the film Star Wars : Episode 8.
- South China Karst: The limestone karst mountains around Guilin were depicted as Kashyyyk, the Wookie planet shown in “Revenge Of The Sith.” It was the first time that a “Star Wars” movie had been filmed in Asia.
- Tikal National Park: The ancient ruins of Tikal and the surrounded forest were depicted as the Rebel Alliance’s military base on the fourth moon of Yavin in “A New Hope”
- Wadi Rum: Rogue One Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Star Wars?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source