ASM Historical Landmarks
ASM Historical Landmarks identify the many sites and events that have played a prominent part in the discovery, development and growth of metals and metalworking. In 1987, the scope of ASM Historical Landmarks was broadened to include all engineered materials.
The connection belongs to WHS on Other Lists connections.
- Blaenavon Industrial Landscape: Blaenavon Iron Works (1985)
- Cistercian Abbey of Fontenay: Forge of Fontenay (1996)
- Independence Hall: The Liberty Bell (2006)
- Ironbridge Gorge: The Iron Bridge, Telford (1984)
- L'Anse aux Meadows: L'Anse aux Meadows (2003)
- Mexico City and Xochimilco: Palacio de Mineria (1982)
- Paris, Banks of the Seine: The Eiffel Tower (1989)
- Qutb Minar: The Delhi Iron Pillar (2013)
- Statue of Liberty: Statue of Liberty (1986)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to ASM Historical Landmarks?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source