The connection belongs to Religion and Belief connections.
- Imperial Palace: The Kunning Palace was used for Shaman rituals during the Qing Dynasty. Link
- Lake Baikal: The indigenous Buryats, who practise Shamanism, believe that Olkhon Island in the lake is a spiritual place. On the west coast of the island is the Shamanka or Shaman's Rock. Link
- Orkhon Valley: According to the AB evaluation, the sacred mountains of Hangai Ovoo and Undor Sant are "strongly associated with the Shaman tradition of praying for health and prosperity to the forces of mountains, a tradition absorbed by Buddhism and still extant today."
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Shamanism?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source