Aga Khan Award for Architecture
Recipients of the Aga Khan Award for Architecture, ".. an architectural prize established by Aga Khan IV in 1977. It aims to identify and reward architectural concepts that successfully address the needs and aspirations of Islamic societies in the fields of contemporary design, social housing, community development and improvement, restoration, reuse and area conservation, as well as landscape design and improvement of the environment." (wiki)
The connection belongs to WHS on Other Lists connections.
- Bukhara: Restoration of Bukhara Old City (Bukhara, Uzbekistan)(1995)
- Damascus: Azem Palace (1983)
- Kairouan: Kairouan Conservation Programme (Kairouan, Tunisia) (1992)
- Mostar: Conservation of Mostar Old Town, Bosnia and Herzegovina (1986)
- Old City of Jerusalem: Restoration of Al-Aqsa Mosque, Noble Sanctuary, Jerusalem (1986)
- Sana'a: Conservation of Old San'a' (San'a', Yemen) (1995)
- Shibam: Rehabilitation of the City of Shibam, Yemen (2007)
- Tabriz Bazaar: Rehabilitation of Tabriz Bazaar, Tabriz, Iran (2013)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Aga Khan Award for Architecture?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source