The Proterozoic is a geological eon representing the time just before the proliferation of complex life on Earth. It extended from 2,500 Ma to 542.0-1.0 Ma (million years ago), and is the most recent part of the informally named "Precambrian" time. (wiki)
The connection belongs to Timeline connections.
- Air and Téneré: La zone du socle précambrien de l'Aïr est composée de dépôts de roches sédimentaires plissées et métamorphisées (gneiss, schistes) et de roches volcaniques datant du Protérozoïque inférieur. (wiki fr)
- Canaima National Park: The oldest rocks are Precambrian and, around 1700 million years old, are some of the oldest on the planet (crit vii)
- Mistaken Point: the middle Ediacaran, 580 to 560 million years ago
- Vredefort Dome: The crater's age is estimated to be 2.023 billion years (~ 4 million years), which places it in the Paleoproterozoic era. (Wiki)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Proterozoic?
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source